North Cleveland Baptist Church
Where Love is Alive
What’s happening this week?
- FOLLOW THIS LINK TO SEE/DOWNLOAD THIS SUNDAY’S SERMON OUTLINE: Who Do You Hear?
- ANNIE ARMSTRONG EASTER OFFERING Goal this year is $12,500. Giving envelopes will be available in the church pews or you can designate online.
- SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS will be available in the church office on April 2nd. All parts are due on April 30th.
- THE YOUTH ARE SELLING T-SHIRTS to raise money for their summer mission trip. These shirts are not “youth” specific and can be enjoyed by anyone in the church! Shirts will be $20 each. See Jake or Emery to order.
- EASTER BAPTISM If you would like to be baptized Easter Sunday, or if you want to talk more about being baptized, see Dr. Jay.
- VBS INTEREST MEETING A meeting will be held on April 2nd at 4:00 PM in the sanctuary for anyone interested in teaching or helping with VBS. See Jonathan or contact the church office for more details.
- “HOW DEEP THE FATHER’S LOVE” The multi-generational Choir Easter program will take place in both worship services on Palm Sunday, April 2nd.
- CHILDCARE HELP NEEDED: If you are able to serve on a rotating basis in the church preschool area, please reach out to Jonathan Nelson or contact the church office.
- “THOSE PEOPLE” 6-week class led by Bart Starr beginning on March 26th at 5:00 PM in the Annex.
- UPCOMING DATES TO REMEMBER: April 2: Choir Musical (8:30 & 11:00 AM); April 7: Good Friday Service (6:30 PM); April 9: EASTER – Sunrise Service (7:10 AM) and Worship (8:30 & 11:00)
Join us Sunday Mornings
8:30 AM – Worship
9:45 AM – Bible Study
11 AM – Worship
Watch Livestream of Sunday Worship
- My NCBC Story: Dr. Jay McCluskeyI witnessed the providence of God guiding our church in a series of church decisions made between 1997 and 2000. In the late 1990’s the… Continue reading My NCBC Story: Dr. Jay McCluskey
- My NCBC Story: Jeff MoweryI remember when the sanctuary was most recently remodeled. Before new carpet was applied, we had the opportunity to write our favorite scriptures on the… Continue reading My NCBC Story: Jeff Mowery
- My NCBC Story: Anita BatesAs a “lifer”, one of my first vivid memories of North Cleveland Baptist is of a bright day when the men and ladies were working… Continue reading My NCBC Story: Anita Bates
- PRESCHOOL SUNDAY SCHOOL teachers and helpers needed for preschool classes.
Contact: Holly Cox
- MEDIA SHOUT – We need volunteers to run the computer on a rotating basis during the Sunday morning worship services.
Contact: Lanny Green
- LIVESTREAM – We need volunteers to run the livestream during both services on a rotating basis during the Sunday morning worship services.
Contact: Lanny Green
- COMPASSION CARE MINISTRY – Serving and attending to temporary needs of the elderly/homebound members of our congregation. Additional info at the entrances to the sanctuary.
Contact: Jean Tucker
NCBC is hiring!
WEEKDAY CHILDCARE MINISTRY IS HIRING! If you or someone you know enjoys working with babies through pre-kindergarten age children, please call 472-4172 to learn more or to get an application.
Weekly Words from the Staff
A word from Dr Jay…
I credit my mother for modeling and teaching me the courtesy of writing thank-you notes.
Today it is a diminishing practice. Still, these simple and personal expressions supremely
communicate authentic and genuine sentiments of gratitude.
Each one of us will routinely receive help, a gift, or some kindness that enhances our lives in useful ways. If extending such a courtesy required someone to utilize more than five minutes and/or spend more than a dollar, then a thank-you note is merited. (This is because a thank you note takes less than five minutes to write and costs less than a dollar to purchase.) Of course, the greater the gift, the more such a correspondence is warranted.
In our world of digital communication, handwritten notes are exceptional. This rarity makes their arrival even more treasured. Our church family recently received a gracious handwritten note with the following message:
Support is one of those special words that can be both a noun and a verb. It literally means “bear all or part of the weight of; hold up; or give assistance to, especially financially; enable top function or act.” You embody this in EVERY sense of the word. We were humbled this week to learn our trip to the Holy Land in honor of Lanny’s 20th anniversary was fully funded. Your generosity has also fully filled our hearts to overflowing! It’s truly a dream we never considered possible. Your kindness has expanded our minds and hearts about the immeasurably more that God is able to do and we are touched by the unity with which you approached this feat! As discussed in Phil. 4, we have “received full payment and more;” We are ”well supplied” and pray that the fruit of this experience will “increase to your credit” as we seek to use it to enhance our ministry to you. Thank you for ministering to us with this expression of love. You have added to our joy and make it significantly more blessing than burden to serve you and WITH you these 20 years. We thank you. We love you.
Lanny And Leah Green
While my next words will not be as poetic as those printed above, I also want to express gratitude to our congregation for generously providing Lanny and Leah with a tour of Israel in honor of Lanny’s 20th Anniversary on our staff. The relationship between a church family and her staff is a sacred trust of love and faithfulness. Your grace and generosity to this covenant never cease to impress.
You are dearly loved and dearly loving,
Where are we located?
2815 North Ocoee Street
Cleveland, Tennessee 37312
Give us a call