North Cleveland Baptist Church
Where Love is Alive
What’s happening this week?
FOLLOW THIS LINK TO SEE/DOWNLOAD THIS SUNDAY’S SERMON OUTLINE: I BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST – HIS INCARNATION
- CANDY COLLECTION for Trunk or Treat is happening now! There are totes located in the Welcome Center, vestibule, and the annex for donations, or you can drop off in the church office.
- STUDENT MINISTRY TAILGATE September 30th at the church from 12-4 PM. Parents, please contact Jake or Emery to sign up to bring sides, desserts, and drinks. See Jake or Emery for further details.
- September is the month we receive contributions toward The Golden Offering for State Missions. Special Golden Offering envelopes are available in the sanctuary to be used for these contributions.
- YOUTH FIELDS OF FAITH Students will be attending this event on Wednesday September 27th at Raider Field, rather than the regularly scheduled events. Tailgate is at 5:30 PM and worship begins at 6:30. Students will need transportation to this event. See Jake or Emery for more details.
- CHILDCARE VOLUNTEERS NEEDED We are still needing childcare volunteers to help on Sunday mornings, Sunday evenings, and Wednesday evenings. Please prayerfully consider giving of your time and investment. Talk to Jonathan if you’d be willing to help.
- WEDDING SHOWER for Mary Beth Canida will be on October 1st, from 2-4 in the Annex. See attached invitation for more information!
- ADDITIONAL LIBRARY HOURS The NCBC library will now be open on Thursday afternoons from 1-4 PM.
- Baptist Men on Mission and Habitat for Humanity are looking for volunteers! Men of the church are asked to consider helping out on Saturday, October 7th from 12-4 PM. There are flyers located at the sanctuary entrances with a link to register online if you are able to help. See Lanny Tayloe for more details.
Join us Sunday Mornings
8:30 AM – Worship
9:45 AM – Bible Study
11 AM – Worship
Watch Livestream of Sunday Worship
- My NCBC Story: Dr. Jay McCluskeyI witnessed the providence of God guiding our church in a series of church decisions made between 1997 and 2000. In the late 1990’s the… Continue reading My NCBC Story: Dr. Jay McCluskey
- My NCBC Story: Jeff MoweryI remember when the sanctuary was most recently remodeled. Before new carpet was applied, we had the opportunity to write our favorite scriptures on the… Continue reading My NCBC Story: Jeff Mowery
- My NCBC Story: Anita BatesAs a “lifer”, one of my first vivid memories of North Cleveland Baptist is of a bright day when the men and ladies were working… Continue reading My NCBC Story: Anita Bates
- PRESCHOOL SUNDAY SCHOOL teachers and helpers needed for preschool classes. Contact the church office.
- MEDIA SHOUT – We need volunteers to run the computer on a rotating basis during the Sunday morning worship services.
Contact: Lanny Green
- LIVESTREAM – We need volunteers to run the livestream during both services on a rotating basis during the Sunday morning worship services.
Contact: Lanny Green
- COMPASSION CARE MINISTRY – Serving and attending to temporary needs of the elderly/homebound members of our congregation. Additional info at the entrances to the sanctuary.
Contact: Jean Tucker
NCBC is hiring!
WEEKDAY CHILDCARE MINISTRY IS HIRING! If you or someone you know enjoys working with babies through pre-kindergarten age children, please call 472-4172 to learn more or to get an application.
Weekly Words from the Staff
A word from Rev Lanny Green…
1I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
In a time of mixed messages in our world and confusion; in a tumultuous time, isn’t it great to know that we have a constant in our lives? We have help from on high. We have a Father who is looking over us and who will take care of us if we will trust Him and place our cares in His hands. Let this be a reminder to all of us that even though there are things going on outside of our control there is nothing that is going on that is outside of His control and that He doesn’t already know about. In recent days in our community, and in many people’s personal lives, we have experienced personal trials and tragedy. Some have experienced the loss of a loved one after hard fought battles with disease. Some were taken unexpectedly. I have seen so many grieve and do it with strength and grace. But in a word, their lives have been turned upside down and they are in a storm. However, they have been able to praise God in that storm because their faith in Him was not grounded in circumstances but in the unwavering truth of God. That when we face difficult times, we can lift up our eyes to the Lord and cry out to Him. He is our only hope. He is there to lead, to comfort, and to hear our cries. 1 Peter 5:7 tells us “Cast all of our anxiety (or cares in some versions) on Him because He cares for you.” He cares for us and wants to help and comfort us. It may not always turn out the way that we wanted or predicted but I promise that He always knows best. Be encouraged today that your God cares. Jesus told us in John 16:33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have troubles. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” We will have troubles but we can have peace and hope in knowing that He overcomes in the end. We may not get our answer here on earth but in the end, we have an eternity in heaven to look forward to and we can have hope in that promise.
Where are we located?
2815 North Ocoee Street
Cleveland, Tennessee 37312
Give us a call