North Cleveland Baptist Church
Where Love is Alive
What’s happening this week?
Click Here to See the Outline for this Sunday’s Message: THE BIRTH OF JESUS
- BAPTISM Christmas is coming! If you’d be interested in being Baptized on Christmas Eve, please see Dr. Jay.
- BRAZIL INTEREST MEETING If you have aninterest in joining a mission team to Brazil, join us on December 17th at 5:00 PM in the Annex.
- CHOIR & ORCHESTRA PRESENTS Emmanuel, God with Us on December 17th, during both morning services. Join us as we worship together with all generations!
- CHRISTMAS TRIVIA December 20th at 6:00 PM in the Choir Room. Join Dr. Jay and show off your Christmas knowledge!
- DISCIPLESHIP CLASSES begin on Sunday, January 7th. A class list will be available soon.
- THE LOTTIE MOON POST OFFICE is now open in the Welcome Center. Place Christmas cards in the slots for your fellow church family and donate the money you’d spend on postage! Remember, this year’s goal is $30,000. You may also give using the dedicated Lottie Moon envelopes.
Join us Sunday Mornings
8:30 AM – Worship
9:45 AM – Bible Study
11 AM – Worship
Watch Livestream of Sunday Worship
- My NCBC Story: Dr. Jay McCluskeyI witnessed the providence of God guiding our church in a series of church decisions made between 1997 and 2000. In the late 1990’s the… Continue reading My NCBC Story: Dr. Jay McCluskey
- My NCBC Story: Jeff MoweryI remember when the sanctuary was most recently remodeled. Before new carpet was applied, we had the opportunity to write our favorite scriptures on the… Continue reading My NCBC Story: Jeff Mowery
- My NCBC Story: Anita BatesAs a “lifer”, one of my first vivid memories of North Cleveland Baptist is of a bright day when the men and ladies were working… Continue reading My NCBC Story: Anita Bates
- PRESCHOOL SUNDAY SCHOOL teachers and helpers needed for preschool classes. Contact the church office.
- MEDIA SHOUT – We need volunteers to run the computer on a rotating basis during the Sunday morning worship services.
Contact: Lanny Green
- LIVESTREAM – We need volunteers to run the livestream during both services on a rotating basis during the Sunday morning worship services.
Contact: Lanny Green
- COMPASSION CARE MINISTRY – Serving and attending to temporary needs of the elderly/homebound members of our congregation. Additional info at the entrances to the sanctuary.
Contact: Jean Tucker
NCBC is hiring!
WEEKDAY CHILDCARE MINISTRY IS HIRING! If you or someone you know enjoys working with babies through pre-kindergarten age children, please call 472-4172 to learn more or to get an application.
Weekly Words from the Staff
A word from Rev Lanny Green…
One word that most often describes the Christmas season is joy, or as some would say (or sing), “it’s the most wonderful time of the year.” You must admit that there is something in the air, a shift in the atmosphere that happens this time of year. Many of the words of the songs express joy. “Joyful all ye nations rise! Join the triumph of the skies!” The movies we watch, and all the family traditions set our hearts in a joyful mood. It may not be the atmosphere changing so much as us changing. We begin, in this season, to have hope and excitement as the anticipation of what is to come looms before us. We get excited about the gifts that we are bringing and how the person/people we are giving to will receive them. The anticipation breed’s hope. Hope for fun family gatherings. Hope that your loved ones will love what you have given them. Hope that you will receive that one thing that you have had your eye on. We, as God’s children, carry the spirit of Christmas in our hearts and it’s not just for a season; it is every day of the year. We have Jesus in our hearts, and he is the embodiment of the spirit of Christmas. He is the reason for the season, to use an old phrase. The joy that we have at Christmas should follow us each day as we move through our days, whether it is at work, or dropping off kids at school, or shopping. We are to carry the light and joy and hope that Jesus gives us at Christmas each day of the year to those around us because we have a hope that is eternal. We often lose sight of the hope that we have in Jesus. We forget that the anticipation doesn’t stop at Christmas because that was the hope of his first coming. We have a hope of his second coming that we should be anticipating every day. When all the world is dark and we have hard days, we still have hope in Jesus, that he is coming back for us one day. This world is not the end but the beginning for all who have put their trust in Jesus. I would encourage you to reflect on the season and see how you can carry that spirit through the year.
“I bring you good news that will bring great joy to all people. The savior- yes, the Messiah, the Lord- has been born.” Mark 2: 10-11
Rehearsals have been held and preparation has been made. I hope that you will come and join us on Sunday morning, December 17, as we celebrate “Emmanuel God with Us”. This will be a wonderful time of celebration as we are led in worship by our Children’s, Youth, and Adult choirs and praise band. Joyfully we sing and celebrate.
Where are we located?
2815 North Ocoee Street
Cleveland, Tennessee 37312
Give us a call