Skip to content
The purpose of North Cleveland Baptist Church is to be a growing family of followers of Jesus Christ, committed to Worship, Spiritual Development, and multiple acts of ministry.
- God is the Creator and ruler of the universe. He eternally exists in three personalities: Father, Son and Spirit
- Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father. Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven’s glory and will return again someday to earth to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
- The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and the Son of God. He is present in the world to make people aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives every believer a spiritual gift when they are saved. As Christians we seek to live under His control.
- The Bible is God’s Word to us. It was written by human composers, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of truth for Christian beliefs and living. It has God as its author, salvation as its end, and truth without mixture of error as its matter.
The Good: Human beings are the supreme object of God’s creation, unique in that we are made in the image of God.
The Bad: Although every person has tremendous potential for good, all of us are marred by disobedience toward God called sin. This attitude separates people from God and causes many problems in our world.
- Salvation is God’s free gift to us, but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty.
- Eternity – People were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally with God through forgiveness and salvation. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence
- The local church functions as the Bride of Christ, carrying out the ministries of Jesus. While self-governed, the church ultimately is led by the power of the Holy Spirit.